Thursday, December 31, 2009

Angel Food Cake Do-Over


























I've already done a lot of reflecting this year. I'm also not a big fan of resolutions. They most often fall to the wayside. If there is one thing I would like to achieve this coming year--aside from being a better husband, father, son, brother, friend, writer, sales guy, teacher--is to be a better baker because...wait for it...wait for it...I suck at baking!

While I did pull off some pretty damn good biscotti last month for Cyndi's birthday dinner, I really have a tough time with getting baking down. I made a crappy pound cake for Christmas last week. It tasted and looked like crap. We even bought a new KitchenAid mixer. The good one. The 6 quart one.

I'm convinced that if you have the right tools, you can improve your chances. This morning proved that theory wrong. Take a look for yourself.

I'm just glad there's such things as do-overs. There certainly was no angel on my side the first time around.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment