Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ready to move on

I keep telling everyone that I'm looking forward to my birthday. The countdown began a long time ago for some, but it really began today for me. A year ago, I wasn't excited about birthdays. A year ago, I was in a state of self loathing. I had a one person pity party; lonesome, maybe, because I was on the road. I had the notion that I would begin this blog and get excited about entering a new stage in life. It worked.

But, boy oh boy, am I sick of myself. I cannot wait to move on to a new project. Maybe I'll write a short story. Maybe I'll write a play. Maybe I'll pull out the screenplay I wrote and work on that. I'm sure I'll go back to some of these posts and see what I can make out of them. But I want to focus on something else.

I need some distance. Sometimes distance is good. What do they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? I need to be absent from the daily focus which has been me.

Don't you need a break from me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment